Sunday, September 9, 2012

Looming around the 'Net

Fall finds us all busy once again with school, family, and of course, looming. It is time to begin working on our holiday gifts and decorations, and the loom community has stepped up in spectacular style.
Helen Jacobs-Grant My Heart Exposed has a beautiful new beret pattern "Best Friends for Life," inspired by her daughter's friends. I love the charming idea of "friendship hats."  The Loom Class at yahoogroups is working on an adorable little bluebird pattern taught by Kelly Knits. On the 17th, the class will work on converting a needle knit pattern for a very cute little apple decoration. Over on Ravelry, the Loom-a-long Group has been busy with a "work in progress" wrestling month. We are getting caught up on our unfinished projects, so we will be ready to tackle the year end loom-a-longs. I'm pretty excited about the year end loom-a-longs, because they are going to be three of my patterns. In October, we are working on "Josie's Sweater," a loom knit baby cardigan. 
In November and December, we'll be working on "Travel by Rail Cuffs," a great small holiday gift project, 
and in December and January, the loom-a-long will be "The Daisy Chain Sweater." 
Last but not least, I'm almost done with the next ebook, "The Shapely Loom." Publication is planned for the end of this month. The photo at the top of this post shows you a full circle pi-shawl made in lace weight yarn, one of the patterns from the book. More to come this month as I preview the patterns.
I hope something wonderful is on your loom!

Loom Knit Shawls: From Simple to Sublime ebook $12.00 US  




Blooming Loom: Colorful Patterns for Loom Knitters ebook $12.00 US  
Copyright 2012 by Invisible Loom, Renee Van Hoy. All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. That shawl made me gasp, it's so beautiful! My eyes immediately were scrambling down your blogpost to find out more about it. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shawl Renee, love the green shade as well its just breathtaking with the lace, can not wait to see the booklet.

    I've been writing up a booklet too but it wont be ready until end of October realistically. I've got lots coming up in the next few weeks so dont want to commit to bring it out before then, so in time for people to make Christmas gifts will be the perfect time I think. Its got mascot dolls and other character type toys throughout so I'm very excited about this one and would never have thought of doing it if it were not for your kind words of encouragement about my toys my dear friend, so a huge thank you to you for the push and inspiration.

    Pleased you like the friendship hats, cant wait to see yours :)

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful shawl Renee, love the green shade as well its just breathtaking with the lace, can not wait to see the booklet.

    I've been writing up a booklet too but it wont be ready until end of October realistically. I've got lots coming up in the next few weeks so dont want to commit to bring it out before then, so in time for people to make Christmas gifts will be the perfect time I think. Its got mascot dolls and other character type toys throughout so I'm very excited about this one and would never have thought of doing it if it were not for your kind words of encouragement about my toys my dear friend, so a huge thank you to you for the push and inspiration.

    Pleased you like the friendship hats, cant wait to see yours :)

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment.