Monday, March 28, 2011

On and off the loom

Just off the loom, this sweet pink lace wrap made from 2 threads of lace weight mohair/silk yarn held together as one. The doubling of the lace weight yarn worked wonderfully, and shows off the lace pattern very well. I'm in love with this little wrap, especially the soft ruffled edge. This version is about 10 inches wide, but the pattern will have an option for a wider 15 inch version as well. The lace pattern may look much more complicated than it is - just 2 rows of lace work out of a 16 row repeat. On my loom is a scarf/small wrap using the "Wave Stitch" pattern. What a fun stitch! You vary the drop stitches creating "eye" shaped sections within the rows, each row mirroring the one before. I'm making it in Knit Pick's Chroma, a self striping worsted weight yarn. What is on your loom? Copyright 2011 by Invisible Loom and Craft, Renee Van Hoy. All Rights Reserved. Personal Use Only.

2 comments:

  1. Stunningly beautiful Renee!
    And I love the colors on the new scarf/small wrap...
    Hope that you are starting off the week great *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh the soft pink wrap is gorgeous Renee, another winner!

    I have a pattern here called the Popsickle Scarf I got from a friend on ravelry that uses that drop stitch in your second photo, I agree it is loads of fun and looks fab in variegated yarns, I'm using handspun which I did for Imogen on mine.

    I am also making a giant afghan blanket for my son to take away to university with him, plus the lacy scarf I am doing for Angelica with the glittery handspun yarn I finished a couple of weeks ago.

    Usually I dont like having so many patterns on the go at once but it is nie to break up the knitting a bit alternating between the three :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment.