Monday, January 11, 2010

On and Off the Loom


My looms are almost empty, and need new projects. I have just completed a wonderful, warm sweater shawl, and I am nearly done with a short row scarf. Both are nice winter projects. Last weekend, I finished a wool purse and felted it. It does need a liner, but I must admit, sewing seams is a weak spot for me. In the mean time, there are nice loom-a-long classes this month: Ravelry loom-a-long group has darling patterns for snowmen; Loom class at yahoo groups is working on basics. This week is cast-ons. Markman Loom group at yahoo groups is working on stitch samplers as wash clothes. This week is a double rib. So, for now I am going back to practice and improve my basics, and wait for inspiration and a new pattern to pop into my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.