Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Mosaic Colorwork for Loom Knitters Class

 

Cindwood Looms Zoomin' and Loomin' April Masterclass: Mosaic Colorwork for Loom Knitters, presented by Renee Van Hoy

My April Masterclass for the Cindwood Looms Zoomin' and Loomin' monthly series is all about Mosaic Colorwork for loom knitters. This is a great topic, and I hope you will be able to join me for an hour on Saturday, April 24th. If you are unable to come to the live zoom class, you can still register and get the class recording, materials and my Honeybear Cowl pattern.  


Registration is $10 in my etsy shop. All the details are there. The May and June classes are also open for registration: Using Needle Patterns on your Loom!  In the first part, I present the basics for evaluating a needle knit pattern to see if it will transfer well to a knitting loom, and then explain how to make that transfer. The extensive class written materials (a "booklet" of how-to for later reference) are included with this workshop, along with a class recording and my Teatime Washcloth pattern. (Another pattern may be substituted if you already have this one.)


In the second part, we will workshop our attempts to transfer patterns, and in particular look at the two patterns that come with the classes. The Triple Z is a transfer from a needle pattern, and the Teatime Washcloth uses knits, purls and nupps - a classic pattern to transfer from needles. In addition, if you have a pattern you've been puzzling over, you can send me a few lines ahead of time, and I’ll be happy to evaluate it for you as part of the workshop.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.