Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Accessible Patterns

 There are over 500 patterns on rav with the low vision accessible pattern search tag. Many of them are my loom knit patterns, but about two thirds are from designers who recently worked to create accessible versions of their patterns. 

The problem is that rav is now inaccessible to the very people who need to find these patterns. Parts of the new site work with screen readers, but others do not. Beyond that, the new site continues to cause harm to people who use it. The epilepsy foundation has issued a caution warning for the site.

These are the steps I am taking. I am able to use the "classic" for limited times, so I have begun to download and gather over 10 years of information I had stored on rav. 

I am moving my pattern sales to etsy.com. If you try to buy a pattern from this site you may find a broken link. If that happens, please go to my etsy shop:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ReneeVanHoyDesigns

It is a long process to move the patterns and adjust all of the links, so please bear with me. Many of my patterns are also available through CinDwood Looms. 

I am hoping to create an Accessible Patterns Index off of rav. In the beginning, it may very simple, but at least there will be a way to find these patterns without having to use rav. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.